Okay,
I've been tagged by two people now, so I guess I'd better quit stalling.
SIX THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME
1) I've always wanted to be the lead singer in a real band. The Mamushka's don't count because we weren't a real band. We were horrible...probably due to the fact that we pnly practiced for like an hour. I sing in the car constanlty and I am okay with that because i know I am not the only one who does it.
2) I was ordained a High Priest at the age of 26 and am currently the First Assistant in the High Priest Group in our Ward. I am a good 15 years younger than the next youngster in the group and will soon have the wonderful experience of having a PPI with several Bishops and one of the current Patriarchs of the Stake. (I joke about this, but I am really excited about the great things I am learning and look forward to our first soup dinner...I believe it will start at about 4:00)
3) I have always been a counter. I count how many steps it takes me to go from one place to another. I count how many stairs there are when climbing a staircase. When living in Hawaii, I knew it took me around 170 steps to get to the Temple from our apartment. I don't use this counting for anything really, just seem to count. Go figure. Kinda wierd now that I am talking about it.
4) I absolutely hated Jr. High. It was the worst two years of my life. I went from being the Class President in the sixth grade, to totally out of any loop. It was awkward and I hated it. Maybe it was because I sang in the choir and played the clarinet in the orchestra. Hmm.
5) When serving my mission in Texas, I contracted Hepatitis A. It was miserable. My entire body turned a shade of yellow because my liver was under attack, and I had to be quarentined for six weeks becuase it is very contagious. However, even though those six weeks were bad, I promised the Lord that I would be a better missionary, and I had more success the rest of my mission (6 months), than I had the previous 18 months. I really did learn a lot about myself.
6) I have a man-crush on Dean Karnezes, The Ultra-Marathon Man. "Karno" is an amazing indurance athlete who runs amazing distances. Last year he ran 50 marathons, in 50 states in 50 consecutive days. He ran a marathon the the south pole. They literally dropped him off 26.2 miles from the pole and he ran there. I recommend to anyone his book "Ultra Marathon Man: Confessions of an All Night Runner" to anyone. You will be inspired.
There you go.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I totally agree with you about jr. high. I think it is the worst two years of most kids life.
Nathan, its so funny the things you never know about a person! Thanks for sharing!
I remember in jr. high you wore both straps of your back pack on each shoulder, while the rest of us were hunched over just using one. Eventually, the rest of us caught on.
And yes... I hated jr high, too. No fond memories from that part of my life. Not one.
And people gave me a hard time about that. If they only knew what a trend setter I really was...!
Post a Comment