Monday, February 4, 2008

SSW (Super Spiritual Weekend)


We had a fantastic weekend. I could just leave it at that but since you are at our blog I will explain why it was so great. Grace was baptized and confirmed this weekend. It was great to see her excitement. She could hardly sit still during the talks. Thank you to all our family and friends that came and supported her.We really appreciate you being there. After the Baptism we had a little dinner at our house with family. The kids had a great time and I had fun putting it together.
On Sunday Grace was confirmed and we were again grateful for everyone who could make it. It was a wonderful testimony meeting and I was really touched. After Church we went to the Stotler Household for a mini Supper Bowl party. Of course it wouldn't be a Stotler event without an over abundance of food. So form 1:00pm until about 6:30 the only thing I did was get up to grab a bit to eat or jump up and down when the Giants smashed the Patriots. I told Nathan later that night that when I was little I hated to watch sports. But now I love it. He has defiantly rubbed off on me.
Now on to a new week. Mia will be playing in her first Basketball team, Samantha has joined to Chess club at school, Drew is still working at potty training (any suggestions would be great), Nathan is working on new project at school, and as for myself I have committed myself to do the Bakersfield Triathelon (now I really have to do it). Thanks for stopping by and have a good day. ~The Urmston Family

6 comments:

Pollock Palooza said...

Just found the Urmston jackpot of blogs! Congratulations on the SSW :) Everyone is so HUGE now... and super cute!

SAS said...

Tell my freind Grace we are so happy for her great decision!!! What slackers we are ( I told you I would forget!) I am so sorry we missed her big day. I am glad you had a great weekend. We miss you every Sunday!

Amy Coontz said...

Way to Go Grace!!! Of course we wish we could have been there.

As for Drew! With Kamrie, I had a jar and put a picture of a toy she really wanted. (I think I printed it from the internet) Then I bought a bunch of marbles. Every time she went in toilet she got to put in a handful of marbles, when she had an accident she had to take out a handful. It seemed to work, it was instant reward or not.

Love ya,
Amy

Williams Family Dirt said...

So happy for Grace, congratulations on your decision to be baptized!

Mandee said...

You are a brave girl to sign up for a triathlon.

Congratulations on the baptism and the Giant's win!

And no advice for potty training except that they "get it" when they "get it".

Dean and Maryellen said...

Such a cute Gracie. We are so sad to have missed her special dad. We look forward to other special days for her in the future.
Love grandma and grandhpa