Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Loving this book...
This past weekend I recorded Pride and Prejudice on TV (it's the one with Kira Knightly). I have tried several times to read this book and this was on my 2008 Books to read list. Well it has taken me since January to get to page 100, but after watching the movie I can't seem to put the book down. I love the characters and even though the writing is a bit confusing it seems to come together in a nice package at the end of each chapter. So if you have ever tried, started, or contemplated reading this great piece of literature I highly suggest watching the movie than reading the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
The book and the movie are both on my to-do list. Thanks for the advice!
The book is so much better than the movie. But isn't that always the case.
I just recently finish a Jane Austen class. I had to read 3 novels of hers and now I love her books. All are books worth reading "Emma" "Persuassion" are the other two that you would like too. Jane Austen writes about observable truths that we all agree with. I like Elizabeths character and her wittiness! And that she does not conform to societies expectations of a lady yet she is still is graceful when she does break the rules. Lydia on the other hand is not graceful. You should take the online class at TESC and get credit for reading!
I have started reading it but just haven't ever got into it. My favorite movie version is the one with Colin Firth, I think it is a 2-disc set from BBC. I also love the movie "Becoming Jane", it explains alot about her perspective in her novels.
I LOVE this post!! I am absolutely obsessed with Pride and Prejudice right now. I've heard of Jane Austen my whole life but never new anything about her- or really cared. But for my friends birthday last month, she wanted to watch Becoming Jane. I liked the movie and wanted to know why everyone was so crazy about her. So, Pride and Prejudice was on TV a couple weeks ago and that's when my obsession began. I LOVED every second of the movie and have seen it twice since that night. (the Keira Knightly version) It's the perfect way to pass the time while I fold laundry and wait for Brian's midnight arrivals. The novel is definitely my next read.
YOU MUST MUST MUST watch the A&E version of pride and prejudice. It is 100 times better than the one with kiera knightley. The actors are amazing(Colin Firth..yum!) and you understand the book more. It is an amazing version. (i also am obsessed with the book, i can quote any line) I promise you will not be disappointed. Nicole has that version on dvd. i know i sound a little obsessed...but i am!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK K!
IS this Aunt jill or uncle nate? GArrett
hahhaahahaha......garrett...you kill me.
Post a Comment