Friday, September 5, 2008

When Did i get old

I have noticed something really weird on the radio lately. Every time I listen to "Classic Rock" stations I keep hearing songs that I loved when I was in Junior High and High School. I first noticed this odd trend this past Forth of July when I heard


"Sweet Child of Mine"


by the one and only


G-N-R.


My first thought was "Wow how great the Classic Rock station is playing songs from when I was a teenager just for me on this great holiday."
I loved this song and I even had the Tape and promised my Mom i wouldn't listen to the songs with the bad words and i really didn't. Of course both her and my Dad wised up and gave the tape the boot but that story is for another time. Well back to the present, today while i was listening to the radio I heard another one of my favorite songs from High School by another one of my favorite bands


Red Hot Chile Peppers.
(Under the bridge)


The song reminded my of Church Dances and my freshman year of high school and no way on earth was my mom going to let me have that CD (moving on to the Compact Disc now) in her house. I have always been a fan of classic rock.
I love


the beatles, the doors, the rolling stones,


the eagles


ect, ect, ect.


Is the music I loved to listen to in High School now "Classic Rock?" Does anyone else find this odd or is the radio just mess-n with my head. HELP!

4 comments:

Memzy said...

They really are messing with us......cuz we are not old.

The Potter Pack said...

Hey ... this one is for Nate ... I read your response on our blog and it was a crack up ... YES, we both know Edward isn't real ... but it is an amazing story - have you read it ? Kinda sounds like it !! Anyway, thanks for the comment ... miss you guys !!

J Walker said...

AT least they are not playing them on the oldies station.

Dean and Maryellen said...

This has to be Nathan. I remember well our conversation about words to songs.
Love you, Mom