Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Checking in

Well January has certainly come in like a Lion. After the two weeks of complete R&R we hit the first week of January with full force. Our family Celebrates 2 B-days this month. Drew turned 4 on the 13th and Grace will be 9 on the 28. Usually we have friend parties but this year we are just doing the family thing. So far this month we have

Celebrated Drew's 4th Birthday
He wanted pancakes for his birthday and I was more than willing to flip a few hotcakes on the griddle. We also had the missionaries over to help celebrate. I kept asking him if he wanted me to make cupcakes for his friends at school he would say "NO". I did anyways and he got over it. He is soooo different from the girls. They they jump at the opportunity to have treats brought in for their Bdays. I let him open on present when he woke up in the morning and told him he could open the rest when Dad got home. By the time Nate did get home I had let him opened them all, but just for a peek. He loved getting phone calls from all the family and just to clarify Grandma and Grandpa Urmston he did love talking to you both and he misses you very much.
Courtney and Brigham are Sealed
On January 10 (also my Dad's Birthday) our family went down to the LA Temple to see Marc and Linda's daughter be sealed to Brigham. The ceremony was wonderful and we loved being there to share this special day with them. Courtney looked beautiful, so happy, and her dress was amazing. The reception was the same night and we ate to our hearts content yummy homemade bread and even yummier butters that Linda had made.
Report Cards
I remember growing up and hating report card day. I had a hard time in school and would be sick to my stomach the day report cards came home. Our girls did great and are continuing to do well in school. Mia is working on her science project currently, Grace is mastering her multiplication facts and is getting ready to move onto division, and Samantha keeps plugging away at her math and reading goals. Something funny about Sam and math is she has a hard time with the timed facts but when it comes to testing she passes with no problems. So we have just decided her math facts grade doesn't count (don't tell her teacher).
I will post photos of all our happenings soon(hopefully).

3 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

Thanks for the post.

Here in our neck of the woods the grading scale is different! 94-100% is an A and so on!! Crazy I know. A poor little first grader has to have 10 perfect spelling words on their test to get an A! I am telling you this because I still look at the % and if it is 90 or above, it's an A in my book!

JOY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JOY said...

Mad-Minute Math should be called Most-Madening Math! Boy you have had a busy January Jill! Thanks for the update! At least we can keep up to date this way since we never follow thru on "getting-together" Some day we really need to have a girls-night though!