Here is another yummy pumpkin recipe I thought I would share.
Pumpkin Bars
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 eggs beaten
1 can pumpkin pie mix
1 cup oil
Stir all dry ingredients together and set aside. Mix wet together then add to dry. Pour into a large jelly roll pan 15x10x1 pan.
Bake in a 350* oven for 25 minutes.
Cool completely and frost with Cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese frosting
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
5-6 cups powdered sugar.
Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar gradually until a good consistency.
This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook. In the original recipe it calls for 15oz. of pumpkin. This works great but I think using the large 29 oz can of Pumpkin Pie mix makes these bars really moist and gives it a lot more flavor because of the added spices. I have a few more recipes I want to share before Turkey Day so check back. Let me know how the pumpkin bars turn out too.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Will give it a try. Yum. Thanks Jill
Jill, thanks for sharing the recipe. Zachary is a pumpkin fiend!!! I'll have to make these for him; he'll love it!
Post a Comment