My stay in the High Priest Group Leadership didn't last as long as I thought it would. Last week I received one of those phone calls we all worry about..The one from one of the Stake High Counselors. Sometimes you hear people say they could feel like a change was coming, but I really had no clue. Anyway, I am no longer in the HPG Leadership, I was called to be the Secretary in the Stake Young Men's Presidency. I was more than happy to accept and have been busy ever since.
With this new call though, comes a whole new set of duties that I have to master. The last time a was a secretary, I probably could have done a better job, and this time I would like to do it right.
What I am looking for from everyone are ideas. Many of you have been in positions in which you've had a secretary to help you. Some of you have had really good secretaries and others , not so good.
What are some things that good secretaries do? I know that I need to be organized and a good communicator, but what extras can I do to help me with those things?
Let the ideas flow!!!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
My Sec. in RS was great. I loved that she did the things I had asked her without ever having to remind her. I got my reports when they were due and never had to ask her. She was also really good about taking on assignments that we discussed in pres. mtg. taking some of the load off me.
Our primary secretary reminds me when we have a meeting scheduled- via text or e-mail. Which is awesome since I am so forgetful. Enjoy your new calling!
Congratulations. I know the Lord gives us things to do to grow. You will grow as you learn. Watch Bishop Gray. he seems to know what he is doing. Thank goodness for e-mail it has taken the place of so many phone calls. Have fun
mom
We just had our meeting last night and were discussing an upcoming ward conference where we meet with all the YM during priesthood. Generally I take the last five minutes or so after we've heard from the Qourum Pres. and YM pres. My sec. was late to our meeting so I jokingly said "It's OK we'll just have you speak to the YM at ward conference on Sunday" He said "OK, I'll do!" Find out what your Stk. YM's Pres. expects from you and do that, and then ask if there is anything else you can do.
Thanks for all the great advice. If you think of anything else, please let me know.
Post a Comment