As the school year has drawn to a close I can't help but feel a little sad. For the past 4 years one of our teachers has been Ms. Stockton. She is a loop teacher which means she teaches 1st grade then carries that same class onto 2nd grade. Both Mia and Grace have had her. We have had no complaints about any teachers at Columbia, in fact they have all become very special people in our lives, but Ms. Stockton will always hold a very special place in our hearts. Today was another class party and as I was leaving and wishing all the students a happy summer I also felt sad that I will not be a "Room Mom" forever, someday my children will not have end of the year parties. So I guess as tomorrow is the last day of school and I as I hear the song "Happy Trails to you"
blaring over the campus intercom, I should just be grateful for the time I have with my children, for the opportunity I have to help in their classrooms, and even more excited about being with them this summer. May I be the first to wish you all a very Happy and Fun Filled Summer. ~Jill
P.S. I have talked with a friend and we thought about having a book club for our kids this summer let me know if you are interested and I will fill you in on the details.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's good to keep up with you on your blog since I never see you in real life. Hopefully I'll catch you sometime over the summer!
-Emily Waite
I am so excited for the chance to be a "Room Mom"! I can't believe Jacob is already turing 5...time flies. Have a great summer!
We would do a book club!
Post a Comment