Friday, July 11, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Yum... oops I mean Pie

Here is a really yummy and supper easy recipe that would be a great addition to any Back Yard BBQ. I found it at this site.
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 nine inch pie crust. I use Trader Joe's frozen pie crust. It is super good.
2 eggs
2/3 cup butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (my favorite nut to bake with besides my kids of course)

~Put pie crust into a deep dish pie pan or a nine inch cake would would work also.
~In a mixer beat eggs on high until foamy. Add the butter, sugars, and flour and mix. Stir in the chips and nuts. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan. Bake at 325* for 55-60 minutes. Let cool and serve it warm with ice cream.

A few things I would do different next time-
~Add a teaspoon of vanilla. Just for a little bit more flavor and that true chocolate chip cookie taste.
~My family is not fan of nuts mixed with cookies. So decrease the nuts to 1/2 cup.
~I lost track of time and let my pie bake for an hour. So I'm thinking 50-55 minutes should be enough time for that yummy gooey consistency that I LOVE.
~Since I am cutting out the nuts by half a cup why not just add a little bit more chocolate.

Give it a try and let me know how it works. I would have posted a picture of our pie but I lost our camera back in May. Just waiting for our stimulus check to get a new one (right nate). Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are.

9 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sounds yummy...I will have to try it when it is not so hot, or if I bake early in the morning! Take Care!

Dean and Maryellen said...

Sounds like I will add another Jill recipe to my list. The rollo cookies and the pear salad have gone over very big here in mebourne. Thanks I will try it out on the Elders.
Mom

fijiangirl said...

Sounds yummy. I will have to make the day after I weigh in for weight watchers... that way I still have a week to be good! Summer's almost over and we still haven't gotten together yet. What's your schedule like?

Cooper Urmston said...

Hi Mia, it is Leslie. Just read your comment on our blog. I dont check very often. I am so excited to see all of you in August. You need to ask you parents if you 3 girls can have a sleepover and our house while you are here, if you want. See you soon. Leslie

Janna said...

hey, i found you. ooooh. these sound so good jill. we are totally on board for seven peaks. i think our kids would have a great time. i am hoping that i can leave the baby with my mil. talk to you soon.

Jonesy said...

We tried this and it was soooo yummy ! VERY rich ! Thanks Jill !

homegirl said...

I have this recipe and its sooo yummy!

Jonesy said...

You need to come home soon ! I miss you ! And you know school is starting soon - you do need to be here !! Hope you're having fun in Utah !

Jonesy said...

OKAY - I know you're home - and yes - I am stalking you ! call me when you can !