Our summer was not as exciting as past summers but it was fun just the same. Please don't feel as if you have to read this. It's mostly for me so that in 5 years from now I will know how we spent the summer 2008.
June
Every first week of June for the past 7 years you can find the Urmston Family at Harvey Auditorium at the Lenore Smith Dance Art Centers annual Recital (I think this was like her 35th). This year Mia was the only on in the show. It has been wonderful to watch her develop as a dancer. She did a tap number that had them dance with jump ropes and a jazz number to High School musical.
After the week of rehearsal the girls started swim team and loved it. They had a great time swimming with their cousins and meeting new friends. Drew also learned to be a pretty good swimmer this summer thanks to his Dad who practiced with him.
Nathan had the opportunity to go to Young Mens camp this year and had a wonderful time. While he was at camp My Mom took me and my kids along with my SIL and her little boy to Santa Barbra for a few days. We had a great time laying by the pool, playing at the beach, and going to the zoo. At one point Nathan called me from about 10,000 feet (I think) to talk and I told him how odd it was that I was at zero.
Every first week of June for the past 7 years you can find the Urmston Family at Harvey Auditorium at the Lenore Smith Dance Art Centers annual Recital (I think this was like her 35th). This year Mia was the only on in the show. It has been wonderful to watch her develop as a dancer. She did a tap number that had them dance with jump ropes and a jazz number to High School musical.
After the week of rehearsal the girls started swim team and loved it. They had a great time swimming with their cousins and meeting new friends. Drew also learned to be a pretty good swimmer this summer thanks to his Dad who practiced with him.
Nathan had the opportunity to go to Young Mens camp this year and had a wonderful time. While he was at camp My Mom took me and my kids along with my SIL and her little boy to Santa Barbra for a few days. We had a great time laying by the pool, playing at the beach, and going to the zoo. At one point Nathan called me from about 10,000 feet (I think) to talk and I told him how odd it was that I was at zero.
JULY
We had a great 4th of July. We spent it with my family at my Brothers new house. We played a mission impossible in the pool ( a Stotler favorite pool game) hate yummy food, let off fireworks, and they have a perfect view of the Stockdale Country Club fireworks show.
I went to girls camp and had a great time helping my buddy with the crafts and meeting some wonderful new friends while helping in the kitchen. I loved every minute of camp and would love to go again. I got back early Saturday morning just in time to pack then head off the next day with the family to Cayucus for the week with the Stotler family. We had a great time just hanging out at the beach. The weather was fantastic and the kids had a blast. We rented a surf board and the kids and Nathan surfed. On Friday we headed back home so the girls could go the the finale city swim meet. They did great but since the weather in Bakersfield was about 35 degrees hotter we went back to the beach for just one more day and of course to eat at Mcklintocks (YUM). I begged Sam to let them pour water into her glass while she held it on her head and she did ( I will post a picture latter).
We had a great 4th of July. We spent it with my family at my Brothers new house. We played a mission impossible in the pool ( a Stotler favorite pool game) hate yummy food, let off fireworks, and they have a perfect view of the Stockdale Country Club fireworks show.
I went to girls camp and had a great time helping my buddy with the crafts and meeting some wonderful new friends while helping in the kitchen. I loved every minute of camp and would love to go again. I got back early Saturday morning just in time to pack then head off the next day with the family to Cayucus for the week with the Stotler family. We had a great time just hanging out at the beach. The weather was fantastic and the kids had a blast. We rented a surf board and the kids and Nathan surfed. On Friday we headed back home so the girls could go the the finale city swim meet. They did great but since the weather in Bakersfield was about 35 degrees hotter we went back to the beach for just one more day and of course to eat at Mcklintocks (YUM). I begged Sam to let them pour water into her glass while she held it on her head and she did ( I will post a picture latter).
August
On the first we headed off to Utah. We spent 4 days in Zion and loved it. Although it was supper hot it is beautiful place. The kids loved the mountains and loved staying in a hotel. We hiked up to the emerald pools, got separated, met back up at the bottom, and enjoyed ice cream. I thought Nathan, Grace, and Drew headed down, and they thought we were going to head up. No worries everyone was in one piece when we finally found each other at the bottom. Just very thirsty.
On the first we headed off to Utah. We spent 4 days in Zion and loved it. Although it was supper hot it is beautiful place. The kids loved the mountains and loved staying in a hotel. We hiked up to the emerald pools, got separated, met back up at the bottom, and enjoyed ice cream. I thought Nathan, Grace, and Drew headed down, and they thought we were going to head up. No worries everyone was in one piece when we finally found each other at the bottom. Just very thirsty.
On Monday we headed to Lehi. We stopped and had a fun visit with Matthew and Leslie and saw their house. It is amazing. Then up to Carrie's. We met her finance Ralph who is a great guy and we can't wait for him to be apart of the family in November.
Tuesday we spent in Salt Lake city visiting the Beehive house, Temple square, the Church History museum, and the Joseph Smith building. On the way home we stopped by Cabela's and walked around. I thought of my Dad and how much he would have loved this store.
On Wednesday we went to 7 peaks. Of the 6 hours we were there I think I saw my kids only for about 30 minutes. Nathan, Drew, and I went on the water slides together and we had a great time. After 7 peaks we went and made a surprise visit to a good friend. It was nice to visit with her, meet her adorable family,and see her amazing home. Thanks for the surprise visit.
Thursday kids and I along with Leslie and her kids went to hike to a rock slide. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast. After we headed home for some lunch and the kids were officially exhausted. The rest of the day we just relaxed around Carries cute house. I began reading Breaking Dawn and am almost finished. That night we went to Thanksgiving point for Ice cream and more visiting with the Grant Family.
Friday was just a hang our around the house relaxing day. Nathan met up with another friend for lunch. He brought me back Cafe Rio (So good and so yummy). That night we went and visited with his mission president and his wife. They were an amazing couple and we loved being in their home.
Saturday was the big Day. I dropped Nathan off at 5:00am for the race. Went back to carries to pick the kids up and took them to a surprise Krispy Kream doughnut stop. We missed the start of the swim but it was for a good cause. Nathan did great and it was fun to share the day with Elain, Talmage, Garrett, and Becky Larson and her two cute little boys. Nathan finished 5 minutes under his estimated time and felt great after the race. That night we had a great dinner with Carrie and Ralph at his home. Peter and Elain and Matthew and Leslie were there also.
Friday was just a hang our around the house relaxing day. Nathan met up with another friend for lunch. He brought me back Cafe Rio (So good and so yummy). That night we went and visited with his mission president and his wife. They were an amazing couple and we loved being in their home.
Saturday was the big Day. I dropped Nathan off at 5:00am for the race. Went back to carries to pick the kids up and took them to a surprise Krispy Kream doughnut stop. We missed the start of the swim but it was for a good cause. Nathan did great and it was fun to share the day with Elain, Talmage, Garrett, and Becky Larson and her two cute little boys. Nathan finished 5 minutes under his estimated time and felt great after the race. That night we had a great dinner with Carrie and Ralph at his home. Peter and Elain and Matthew and Leslie were there also.
We left the next day and spent the rest of the week getting ready for school to start. On Tuesday the 12th my brother and his wife an adorable baby girl and they named her Olivia. She is absolutely beautiful and Mom and Dad are doing great Owen still is trying to get use to the fact he has to share his mom.
What a great Summer. Hope you had a fun one too.


2 comments:
Sounds like you had such a fun summer! Sounds pretty exciting to me. :-)
Your surprise visit was the best! Thanks so much for stopping by, and for meeting us for ice cream! Oh, and I found Mater. He was in my purse. I'll bring him with me in October
Post a Comment